Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that one is just a wee bit too large for some folks. Don't worry, Dalstrong has you covered!

Must be a cleaver from Hammerfell... They've got curved cleavers. Curved. Cleavers.

Last edited:
Well, looks like it’s about time to start making wakui workhorse in blue 2. 🤞
That’s pretty much the Seiryu minus the difference in aesthetics, would be cool to see some KU versions too though.

Looking at some of the other posts on that ig regarding Toyama I read it to possibly mean retirement based on him initially stopping all new orders since his health issues and halting production 🤷‍♂️
Wow this day has finally come. Not sure this is too early to make the final conclusion. If confirmed, I kind of have a mixed feeling about it. Toyama was the first “gateway drug” for me. I still remember the first time I used one and the joy it gave me back then.

Last edited:
Wow this day has finally come. Not sure this is too early to make the final conclusion. If confirmed, I kind of have a mixed feeling about it. Toyama was the first “gateway drug” for me. I still remember the first time I used on and the joy it gave me back then.
Yea I feel the same way, will be tough to let any go. Definitely early to make that conclusion but can’t say I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s in his mid 80s I’d say he has earned it.

Also curious about JNS and what he will increase or bring in to fill this eventual gap. Gotta imagine Toyama has been a big part of his business as of late aside from Munetoshi
We don't know for sure yet, but yes he stoped working for about 2 month now, he is very old and can stop now any day, however super strong and will like to come back for work. So in any case production will be super limited from now on, also thats why I decided to increase price on his knives :(
As I will probebly get more Shigefusa Knives then Toyama knives.

We don't know for sure yet, but yes he stoped working for about 2 month now, he is very old and can stop now any day, however super strong and will like to come back for work. So in any case production will be super limited from now on, also thats why I decided to increase price on his knives :(
As I will probebly get more Shigefusa Knives then Toyama knives.

Who is making the Watanabe Pros?

Back