What is your Job?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLuthier

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I tried to use the research functionality in this case, but I haven't found a topic about that. Please, tell me if this thread already exist:

What is your job? Is it related to the food-domain, craftsmanship, or something else? :D

Have a great week-end, cheers from Quebec!

Ben

Hey Daveb, thanks! I tried to be careful and I was very surprised I didn't found this kind of thread, I probably missed it because I needed my morning-coffee... Lesson learned ☕
☕☕

You didn't like mainstream hardrock before you became an adult?
*siiiiiiiigh* As much as I hate dad jokes, I think there's actually some truth to that.

Last edited:
I research cellulose fibers for absorbent hygiene products. Shout out to anyone who has kids, has incontinence problems, or menstruates.
Now that is an occupation you hear about every day. Unsung hero!

Engineer, while being paid to learn to become a code monkey as part of it. Slowly working on a book as well, slowly because focusing is not my strong suite. I prefer steel to software also 🤣
Sounds like you should have picked structural engineering :D

Pharmacist. In a grocery store. In the worst part of town. It’s fun, there’s no doubt about that.
Me too, but after locuming in retail during my PhD and doing preregistration training in hospital, decided to jump ship and stayed in basic research. Never looked back, allowing me to travel and work around the world.

I research cellulose fibers for absorbent hygiene products. Shout out to anyone who has kids, has incontinence problems, or menstruates.
I did some hydrogel prototype testing for this back in high school! Sadly the chemical engineering department at the university didn’t want the research done by minors, even if it was in their own labs.

Me too, but after locuming in retail during my PhD and doing preregistration training in hospital, decided to jump ship and stayed in basic research. Never looked back, allowing me to travel and work around the world.
Smart man. Freedom from the 9-5 is an amazing thing. Retail pharmacy is its own breed of customer service insanity too, at the best of times.

Went into materials, which I don’t regret in that you learn so much, about so much which was awesome.

But yeah if I were to redo it I may have gone into mechanical engineering for the broader field of options 🤣
The MEs I went to school with all wound up in the computer field, so your outcome may not have been any different :D

Did you get your ESM degree on the East Coast? I got a minor in it to go with my Civil but I definitely did not have the stomach to go any further. I remember crack propagation having some of the longest formulas I had to deal with in college. I think it was second to some deep pile formulas, but not by much.

Back