Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test-Kitchen:
We call them „Zwetschgen Knödel“ (plum dumplings). I made the dough from potatoes, similar to the one for gnocchi. After cooking roll in breadcrumbs with butter and sugar.

582A3754.jpeg

582A3758.jpeg

Koji aged steak experiment. I believe 48 hours of aging is recommended, but life somehow turned that into a week.
Hoped to dry brine it, and get it to room temperature before searing, but was too rushed. Crust was amazing, but inside was a bit too raw for this cut. Next time. OG Takeda AS (medium/250mm) on duty tonight.

20230918_181202.jpg

Plated with some baby spinach salad, "Hide the greens" pasta sauce, and some chimichurri to help digest the steak. Paired with some Santa Duc Gigondas.

20230918_181808.jpg

my wife "doubled dog dared" me to try to make the blanca version of Linquine Vogele tonight.

oh, no she didnt!! :D the woman loves clams.

my wife "doubled dog dared" me to try to make the blanca version of Linquine Vogele tonight.

oh, no she didnt!! :D the woman loves clams.
Go figure…Wifey had the girls over the other night and requested vongole…
IMG_1826.jpeg

I served it with ratatouille, beet and goat cheese salad and focaccia
IMG_1824.jpeg

Test-Kitchen:
We call them „Zwetschgen Knödel“ (plum dumplings). I made the dough from potatoes, similar to the one for gnocchi. After cooking roll in breadcrumbs with butter and sugar.

View attachment 270301
View attachment 270300
My wife makes those and they are a treat! Her mom is Austrian and my wife has made them since she was little. We sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Yours look excellent!

Reactions: Kgp
First test run on my (diy) baking steel.
View attachment 270648
Some sour dough bread rolls...
View attachment 270649View attachment 270650
View attachment 270651
May I ask what you are using as baking steel? I'm planning to start baking, my oven is small but pretty nice (it can add steam and control temperature really well) but guess I either need some stone or steel as baking floor. I was tending towards a Biscotto stone but looking at this makes me wonder....

Last edited:
May I ask what you are using as baking steel? I'm planning to start baking, my oven is small but pretty nice (it can add steam and control temperature really well) but guess I either need some stone or steel as baking floor. I was tending towards a Biscotto stone but looking at this makes me wonder....
It's just a basic steel plate. I found a company which cut plates in the size you need. It's an 8mm thick plate. I cleaned up the surface and burned in some oil. Works pretty well 👌

Back